WORKING WITH DG ECHO AS AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION | 2021 - 2027
TERMINATION AND END DATE OF THE DELEGATION AGREEMENT
EFFECTS OF TERMINATION
In case of termination of the Delegation Agreement, payment by the Commission shall be limited to the amount determined:
- on the basis of the eligible costs incurred by the partner;
- on the basis of the actual level of implementation of the Action on the date when the termination takes effect.
In any case, the provisions of the Agreement shall continue to apply after the termination, to the extent necessary to allow an orderly liquidation of the Agreement.
The partner shall be entitled to payments only for the part of the Action carried out; furthermore, it will be entitled to reimbursement of legal commitments it entered into for implementing the Action and before receiving the written notice on termination and which the partner cannot reasonably terminate on legal grounds. The Commission shall recover the remaining part.
From the date when the termination takes effect, the partner shall have 3 months to produce a Final Report. If no Final Report is received within this time limit, the Commission may recover any amount already paid.
In case the Commission is terminating the Agreement because the partner has failed to produce the Final Report even after a reminder, following the termination, there shall be no additional time period for the partner to produce a Final Report and the Commission shall recover any amount already paid.
In Any case neither Party shall be entitled to claim compensation because of a termination by the other Party.
END DATE OF THE IMDA
Unless the Agreement is terminated earlier following the above-mentioned procedures, it shall end by
- the date of the payment of the balance by the Commission or
- the date when the the partner repays any amounts paid in excess by the Commission.
- 18 months after the end of the Implementation Period as defined in Article 2.2 of the Delegation Agreement (if there is no final payment by the Commission or final repayment by the the partner) or
- the date of completion of the dispute settlement procedure, if any.
GENERAL CONDITIONS, ARTICLE 17