WORKING WITH DG ECHO AS AN NGO PARTNER | 2021 - 2027
Amendments are those changes to essential elements of the Action proposed by one of the Parties (Partner or DG ECHO) which require a reaction (approval or rejection) from  the other Party.
The list of essential elements includes:
- Points 1 to 6 of the Data Sheet in the Grant Agreement;
- Article 5.3 of the Grant Agreement;
- Title and principal objective;
- Specific objective, results and indicators;
- Number and type of beneficiaries: an amendment is not necessary when the number of final beneficiaries changes due to the factual day-to-day evolution of the number of beneficiaries reached. A Modification Request requiring DG ECHO approval is needed when the Partner becomes reasonably confident that the expected number of beneficiaries will not be reached. When the total number increases without affecting other conditions or elements of the Grant Agreement the Partner shall report such change in the Final Report, but no amendment is required. A Modification Request requiring DG ECHO approval should be submitted in case of increase of the number of beneficiaries requiring additional financial resources; in this case, the approval will depend on the availability of budget. If resources are not available, other elements of the Action might have to be modified (e.g. reduced results or activities, etc.);
- Country  of implementation;
- Addition or removal of co-Partners;
- Mandatory information to be detailed in case of cash transfers to final beneficiaries;
- Use of remote management.
When the Partner needs to modify any of the above-mentioned elements, it has to submit a Modification Request including the reasons for the amendment and, where applicable, appropriate supporting documents (for example, to add a new co-Partner it is necessary to submit an Accession Form signed by the new co-Partner).
THE AMENDMENT (MODIFICATION) REQUEST
When the Partner needs to request an amendment to DG ECHO, it has to create in APPEL a Modification Request (MR), following this workflow.
If the amendment does not impact a specific chapter of the Single Form (for example, modification to the reporting deadlines), the Partner has to explain the request in Chapter 16.
If the amendment involves a specific chapter of the Single Form (for example, an indicator), the Partner has to over-write outdated information directly in the relevant chapter and provide a justification in Chapter 16.
The Modification Request should be submitted via APPEL.
The acceptance or rejection of the proposed amendment will be provided by DG ECHO within 45 calendar days through a formal communication, sent to the official email address provided by the Partner. The deadline may be extended, if necessary for the assessment of the request. If no notification is received within the deadline, the request is considered to have been rejected (tacit rejection).
The Modification Request should be submitted as the latest, 30 calendar days before the end of the implementation period. In exceptional cases, the Partner may request an amendment after the end of the implementation period of the Action (at the latest, with the submission of the Final Report).
The amendment enters into force on the day of the signature of the receiving party and takes effect on the date of entry into force or other date specified in the amendment. New co-Partners will assume the rights and obligations under the Agreement with effect from the date specified in the Accession Form.