WORKING WITH DG ECHO AS AN NGO PARTNER | 2021 - 2027
THE PERIODIC ASSESSMENT
WHAT THE PERIODIC ASSESSMENT CONSIST OF
DG ECHO will assess on a regular basis whether the partner continues to comply with the conditions to be awarded an EU Humanitarian Partnership Certificate for the period 2021-2027.
The periodic assessment will be made based on the following elements to be provided by partners on a yearly basis:
-  Provision of the financial statements in order to calculate financial ratios (liquidity ratio and financial independence: for more information see risks at contracting stage below).
-  A statement from the organisation stating that there have not been substantial changes in the administrative procedures and capacities since the Certificate has been awarded, which could put into questions the award decision.
-  A statement from the organisation stating that it remains in full compliance with the humanitarian principles.
-  An inventory of the actions taken to address the ‘critical’ recommendations made by the ECHO auditors having carried out fields and HQ audits.
-  Declaration on Honour that the organisation is not in an exclusion situation.
PERIODIC ASSESSMENT PROCESS
APPEL would be used to upload the various elements of the periodic assessment.
The partner will receive an email approximately 6 months after the end of its financial year inviting it to provide the information necessary for the assessment and templates of required documents (e.g. Declaration on Honour).
The information related to the periodic assessment is to be provided by the partner’s headquarters. No inputs are required directly from the field.
The financial part will be managed through the EU Funding & Tenders Portal Electronic Exchange System.
The latest version of the Rules for Legal Entity Validation, LEAR Appointment and Financial Capacity Assessment can be found under this link.
All certified parners that are not yet registered in the corporate EU Participant register, will be requested to do so.
After the validation of the Legal Entity, the organisation will be requested to submit all relevant financial documents.
The complete list of document can be found under chapter III. RULES ON FINANCIAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT of the above-mentioned document.
EU HUMANITARIAN PARTNERSHIP CERTIFICATE GUIDANCE, SEC. 2.4